Thursday 8 December 2016

Pull Quote Research- Moodboard

When creating my double-page spread, I found trying to create a pull quote hard. So, i researched different pull quotes and how other magazines use them. One way was to use a over exaggerated, dramatic quote from the artist for the title. Another way was use a quote for the standfirst to give a small insight to what the article is about and the last way is to text wrap a quote around the article. Through researching I decided I'm going to use two pull quotes as it intrigues the audience in to the article of the new artist. I will use a quote from the interview and write it across the image of the artist. It will be in a bold font and be highlighted with a colored box underneath it. I will also text wrap a quote in the middle of the article. The quotes I choose have to be exciting and represent the 'gossip' the artist is talking about in the article. I did realize through the research the pull quotes are usually secrets or gossip to intrigue the younger audience who are interested in finding out about the artist.

1 comment:

  1. A great post! This really shows your journey and how research is informing construction.

    ReplyDelete