Friday 18 November 2016

Images of Artist-Flickr

 I like this picture, I believe it would look effective on my front cover as the star looks very serious and dominant which would link to the title of 'Seriously Seeking New Star'. She looks powerful by looking straight down to the camera and is making eye contact this would intrigue the reader into who this confident new artist is. However, I believe the artist doesn't stand out. All the colours are quite bland and the violin which is the main feature doesn't stand out compared to anything else. If I chose this picture, I would have lighten up certain areas so the star was more lighter than the background.


 This picture also shows her powerful stance but this shows her whole body. I like how you can see how her whole outfit as one of the areas I want to reflect is that this artist is a classical artist but is still middle class. I would again have to enhance the colours to be most effective on the front cover.


 This picture makes the background look interesting, the way the shot is took from a mid shot you can see a lot of the forest. However, you can still the artists face and violin. Even though she does look happier in this picture which I think is a key feature when intriguing a reader into a new artist, she's not looking into the camera. I think this picture would fit better on a contents page or dps as I think its important to have the artist much closer up and dominant on the front cover.
 This image, I want to use on my contents page. Traditionally on a classical music magazine they use images of musical instruments and landscapes as well as artist pictures. I like this picture as you can see both. I would enhance the violin colours so it was much brighter than the urban background.
































 I think this image shows too much of a soft artist when first looking at the magazine. Even though the colours have synergy between the leaves and violin, the star isn't looking at the camera. I could use this image on my contents and use a statement suggesting she's looking pass the media and focusing on her music.

              


No comments:

Post a Comment